This is a list of quotes for the solo characters Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey. Like the other solo characters, they have a unique pre-battle dialog with all the paired characters and additionally, around six post-battle dialogs with select paired characters.
Akira Yuki & Kage-MaruEdit
- Akira: I could teach you my stamping move, Phoenix. That'll add some oomph to your objections!
Kage-Maru: And I could teach you the Hiendan... Though I warn you, it's dangerous.
Phoenix: Wha--? No no no no! I'm fine without them, I promise!
Chris Redfield & Jill ValentineEdit
- Jill: Here we go! Cover me with your occult power, Maya!
Maya: Don't worry, Phoenix and the Steel Samurai are here with us too!
Chris: So a lawyer, a medium, and a samurai walk into the bar exam...
- Jill: I had no idea Japanese lawyers were so amazing! Are they all like you?
Chris: If the courtrooms are anything like this, I don't know how they avoid catastrophic injuries.
Phoenix: Who said we avoided them?
Chrom & LucinaEdit
- Maya: Wow, your father looks so young! I'm jealous!
Lucina: I know! So strong, yet he miraculously keeps his youth about him... I'm so proud of him!
Chrom: Lucina, you do realize I'm actually not that old, don't you?
Chun-Li & Ling XiaoyuEdit
- Maya: Chun-Li, you're a detective, right? Give us some insider info!
Chun-Li: I'm not about to disclose the results of my investigations.
Xiaoyu: I'm not sure you quite get the whole deal with detectives, Maya.
Ciel Alencon & Nana KouzukiEdit
- Nana: Ah, nothing like a quick Oden sandwich before battle...
Maya: Ooh, nice. I think I'll have a triple bacon-avocado hamburger!
Ciel: You're gonna have one mean stomachache in a few minutes...
Dante & VergilEdit
- Dante: I think some folks I work with might be sketchy. Any advice you can give me?
Phoenix: Uh... I-If it's something a mere human can handle, the perhaps...
Vergil: I dunno who you're talking about, Dante, but you better tread lightly.
- Vergil: Can a medium summon the dead? Even were it the Dark Knight Sparda?
Maya: Spar-duh? Er, could you tell me more about him?
Dante: Don't bother. I've got my hands full just dealing with one relative.
Demitri Maximoff & Morrigan AenslandEdit
- Phoenix: Objection! Vampires cannot survive in sunlight!
Demitri: Hold it! My aura protects me.
Morrigan: Well, Mr. Wright? Care to try again?
Ichiro Ogami & Erica FontaineEdit
- Erica: If Ogami ever cheats on me, now I know which lawyer to call!
Ichiro: Oof... G-Go easy on me, Mr. Wright...
Phoenix: Are you implicitly admitting your guilt before the court?
Jin Kazama & Kazuya MishimaEdit
- Kazuya: An attorney? Pfft. Fists speak louder than words.
Jin: Don't listen to him, Phoenix. Just do what you like.
Phoenix: Oof... If I could do that, I'd be running back to court right now...
Kazuma Kiryu & Goro MajimaEdit
- Majima: Poor prof! Your flabby body ain't used to this kinda workout, eh?
Kiryu: A fighting attorney... Amazing, the power of words.
Phoenix: Objection! I'd really prefer to stick to the courtroom...
- Majima: You're one of them medium things, right, Maya? Can you, like, summon ghosts?
Maya: Well... You want me to try, maybe, Mr. Kiryu?
Kiryu: No thanks. Everyone important to me, they're right here in my heart.
Kite & HaseoEdit
- Haseo: Fighting with words sounds like a huge pain. Me, I'd just slash 'em.
Kite: I dunno, Attorney sounds like a fun character class. Arcane incantations and stuff.
Phoenix: Do kids these days even know what legal work entails?
KOS-MOS & FioraEdit
- KOS-MOS: If you had the Monado, could you read the enemy's future moves with it, Fiora?
Phoenix: Seeing into the future, huh? That'd sure make an attorney's job easier.
Fiora: I wouldn't be so sure. The future can change all the time, you know.
Reiji Arisu & XiaomuEdit
- Maya: It is you who should gaze upon the moon...
Xiaomu: For it will be the last moon you ever see!
Reiji: See you in hell, Evil Magistrate! ...Is that how it went?
- Xiaomu: If I don't up my game, Reiji's gonna punish me... Ooohh, anything but that!
Phoenix: Objection! Your facial expression contradicts your testimony!
Reiji: Hold it! The objection is correct, but this is nothing abnormal.
Ryu and Ken MastersEdit
- Ken: Hey, our company's German office has a legal position open. Interested?
Phoenix: And leave America to face HER again? That whip hurts, you know...
Ryu: Whip? The public prosecutors in Germany are trained in combat?
- Maya: I still need more training. Maybe I should find a nice waterfall...
Ryu: A waterfall? Those are the best places to train! Can I come? Can I come?
Ken: Maya, his style might be a bit too intense for you.
Sakura Shinguji & Gemini SunriseEdit
- Gemini: Attorneys are awesome! "Fool! Your are guilty!"
Phoenix: Uh, it's not the attorney who hands down the verdicts...
Sakura: Maybe things work a little differently in New York!
- Gemini: Hey, pretty Japanese lady! Get set for our victory pose!
Maya: I've always wanted to do this! Here we go!
Sakura: More energy, people! Like this! ...Ta-dah!
Strider Hiryu & HotsumaEdit
- Maya: Where are your red guitars? I thought you guys were ninja!
Hiryu: I fail to see the utility in that.
Hotsuma: You could hide your weaponry inside one, I suppose.
X & ZeroEdit
- X: Does that badge of yours shoot lasers or anything?
Phoenix: I don't think that's how attorneys work, no...
Zero: Well, why NOT? That's the question.
Yuri Lowell & Flynn ScifoEdit
- Flynn: Not really feeling it. Hope we can wrap this one up quick.
Yuri: You gotta learn to keep cool under pressure. That's the mark of a great swordsman!
Phoenix: Precisely! ...Hey, wait, come up with your own material!
Zephyr & VashyronEdit
- Vashyron: Maya, you got a lot of room for growth still... If ya know what I mean.
Maya: Oh, you should see how my body grows when I'm channeling my sister!
Zephyr: That's kinda cheating, isn't it?