This is a list of quotes for the paired characters Dante and Vergil. Like the other paired characters, they have a unique pre-battle dialog with all the solo characters and additionally, around six post-battle dialogs with select solo characters.
- Vergil: Protect me if you wish, but don't get in my way.
Alisa: Really? Not something like, "Stay alive out there!"? .
Dante: My brother ain't really a people person, Alisa. You'll have to forgive him.
- Vergil: It's not enough. Power... More Power.
Alisa: Maybe you should've uses a Link Burst?
Dante: Nah, it's just something he says. Sort of a tic.
- Vergil: Summoner, can you call forth devils as well?
Aty: Devils? Well, there are creatures from the Spirit World Sapureth I could--
Dante: Whoa, Aty, don't worry. We've already got enough devils here.
- Axel: I know a pair of brothers, too! They're inseparable!
Dante: The older one must not be a total creep.
Vergil: The younger one must not be an annoying pest.
- Captain: Captain Gauntlet, maximum power!
Dante: Maybe I should have brought Ifrit along, too.
Vergil: Dante, what happened to my Beowulf?
- Estelle: I'd like to do a children's book about brotherly love!
Vergil: Say that again, girl.
Dante: He's got that killer look. You'd better back off, Estelle.
- Felicia: Remember, let's play fair!
Vergil: There is not fairness in war.
Dante: At least not with you, king of cheap moves.
- Heihachi: Brothers that don't get along? It's only natural! Ha ha ha!
Dante: We're not as bad as Mishima clan, eh brother?
Vergil: We're not what you'd call close either.
- Hibana: So, you must be the handyman who'll take on any dirty job. Am I correct?
Dante: Almost. I only take special jobs, if you know what I men.
Vergil: And that's what got you involved in this mess? Fool.
- Ingrid: A memento from the Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda, eh.
Vergil: You... What do you know of it?
Dante: Women have many mysteries. Better be careful with her.
- Ingrid: So it's the hero dressed in red this time, not this rival. That's a change.
Vergil: I have no idea what you're babbling about.
Dante: Huh, yeah, I get it. Never thought of that before.
- June: Let me show you my own combat style!
Dante: Hey Vergil, this is your chance to learn gymnastics.
Vergil: You first.
- Leanne: My eyeshadow is all wrong... Can you go on without me?
Vergil: Why would that matter? Deal with it later!
Dante: Makeup can transform a woman into an angel, Vergil... Or a devil.
- Vergil: You fly well... for a human.
Dante: Now you just need to work on teleportation, Leanne.
Leanne: Teleportation? Hmm. I'll see what I can do!
- Leon: You call this a threat? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Vergil: Who has time to cry when there's killing to be done?
Dante: Besides, devils never cry.
- Leon: There's lots of different ways to wield dual pistols, aren't there.
Dante: I recommend Rainstorm. Give it a try.
Vergil: Pfeh. Gunplay is the very height of vulgarity.
- Vergil: Such power... Woman, what is it your body conceals?
Natsu: The hell? Is that some kind of gross new pickup line?!
Dante: He just has the ability to sense buried power. Relax, Natsu.
- Vergil: Without power, you can protect nothing. Not even yourself.
Pai: Then Mizonquan would be perfect for you. Especially effective combined with Kung Fu!
Dante: I don't think he's the right kind of target for your sales pitch.
- Dante: I think some folks I work with might be sketchy. Any advice you can give me?
Phoenix: Uh... I-If it's something a mere human can handle, the perhaps...
Vergil: I dunno who you're talking about, Dante, but you better tread lightly.
- Vergil: Can a medium summon the dead? Even were it the Dark Knight Sparda?
Maya: Spar-duh? Er, could you tell me more about him?
Dante: Don't bother. I've got my hands full just dealing with one relative.
- Vergil: What are you staring at, boy?
Ryo: Would you like to play a game of Lucky Hit?
Dante: Careful, kid. Demon luck is different from hunman luck.
- Vergil: Segata Sanshiro... I'm not sure I trust you.
Segeta: Segata Game Chart! Category: Style. FULL POINTS!
Dante: He may be weird, Vergil... But he gets it.
- Ulala: And now, we bring to you a special rockin' guitar session!
Dante: Okay, Ulala! Let's play!
Vergil: My ears... Someone, help...
- Valkyrie: The children of the Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda.
Vergil: Do not again speak his name so lightly.
Dante: Yeah, It's a pretty weighty name to us for lots of reasons.
- Valkyrie: So it is over. The two of you wield great power indeed.
Vergil: A servant of heaven, eh? Don't expect us to trust you.
Dante: It's cool, Vergil. The only thing she might hide from us is her age.