This is a list of quotes for the solo character Axel Stone. Like the other solo characters, he has a unique pre-battle dialog with all the paired characters and additionally, around six post-battle dialogs with select paired characters.
Akira Yuki & Kage-MaruEdit
- Axel: It's nice having a ninja on our side. Imagine if he were our enemy.
Kage-Maru: Yesterday's ally is tomorrow's foe. Stay on your guard.
Akira: Kage Maru, you're scarring the city folk. Let's go!
Chris Redfield & Jill ValentineEdit
- Chris: Axel, your uppercut is impressive. Maybe you could teach me something?
Axel: No prob, buddy! How about my Dragon Smash, too?
Jill: Just don't let your shooting skill get rusty, OK, Chris?
Chrom & LucinaEdit
- Axel: My fists can shatter any obstacle in my path!
Lucina: My father's good at breaking things, too!
Chrom: You're one to talk, Lucina.
- Chrom: It's over... But don't let your guard down yet, Lucina.
Axel: Nah, it's OK. A little rest is good for you, Lucina.
Lucina: Um, I'm not sure who I should be listening to...
Chun-Li & Ling XiaoyuEdit
- Axel: We should radio in for some bazooka cover fire.
Xiaoyu: Wow! American police have so many cool weapons, Chun-Li!
Chun-Li: One thing for sure, the ICPO isn't quite as militarized...
- Xiaoyu: Whoa, Axel, settle down! You're outta control!
Chun-Li: Don't make me arrest you for property damage.
Axel: Ha! I wouldn't look good in a prison uniform.
Ciel Alencon & Nana KouzukiEdit
- Axel: If you're ever in trouble, a bazooka strike from behind's never a bad idea.
Nana: Whoa! Kinda cheap... But cool!
Ciel: If we're being judgmental, I think homing bullets are at least as cheap.
Dante & VergilEdit
- Axel: I know a pair of brothers, too! They're inseparable!
Dante: The older one must not be a total creep.
Vergil: The younger one must not be an annoying pest.
Demitri Maximoff & Morrigan AenslandEdit
- Axel: My blood is boiling! I'm gonna paint the streets with my rage!
Morrigan: Maybe you should siphon away some of his blood, Demitri.
Demitri: Not his. He'd give me heartburn.
Ichiro Ogami & Erica FontaineEdit
- Axel: Oh, hey, if these guys drop any meat or apples, pick 'em up for me.
Ichiro: Why... Why would they be carrying those? And would you actually want to eat it if they were?
Erica: If they dropped custard or melons, I doubt I could resist either!
Jin Kazama & Kazuya MishimaEdit
- Axel: You with your iron fists, me with my bare knuckles... Let's see which one's stronger!
Jin: Hmm? Aren't they basically the same thing?
Kazuya: I'll show you just how outclassed you are, detective.
- Axel: You're truly the "Cold-Blooded Leader" everyone talks about, aren't you, Kazuya?
Kazuya: I haven't been called that in ages. Where on earth did you hear that?
Jin: Next he'll be calling me "Fatal Lightning", I bet.
Kazuma Kiryu & Goro MajimaEdit
- Axel: Gonna open a path forward with my fists! I'm counting on you, yakuza dudes!
Majima: Damn, now that's dome spirit! Are all the cops like you over in Canada or wherever?
Kiryu: I sure know my share of hot-blooded detectives...
Kite & HaseoEdit
- Haseo: Aren't you a cop? Shouldn't you have a gun or a nightstick or something?
Axel: Well, I can use swords and baseball bats... But they always break on me real quick.
Kite: How hard are you swinging those things, Mr. Axel?
- Axel: You're from a video-game world, huh? Lemme guess, a side-scrolling beat-em-up?
Haseo: A what now? You mean one of those carjacking games?
Kite: I think he's talking more retro than that...
KOS-MOS & FioraEdit
- Axel: Androids and cyborgs... That doesn't conjure up very good memories for me.
Fiora: Well, I may not look it, but I'm a nice girl deep down!
KOS-MOS: I am likewise an order-driven strategical multiple operations system.
- Axel: Whew... I know some strong women, but you guys are something else.
Fiora: Well, you've got to stay strong. Otherwise, you'll make people worry about you.
KOS-MOS: I was created to engage in combat.
Reiji Arisu & XiaomuEdit
- Axel: Y'know, I bet you could fight just fine barehanded, Reiji.
Reiji: Ooh, street fighter-style, huh? I've got a few kicking moves, true...
Xiaomu: Aww yeah! Bring on the "Streets of Reiji"!
Ryu and Ken MastersEdit
- Ryu: I don't need words. My fists do the talking.
Axel: Yeah! Fists are all you need!
Ken: Are you guys dissing kicks? Them's fightin' words!
- Ryu: You're quite the detective, Axel. I bet lots of cities could use someone like you.
Ken: Why don't I introduce you to the mayor of Metro City? They've got a bit of a crime problem there too.
Axel: Sure! I'll smash anyone, no questions asked!
Sakura Shinguji & Gemini SunriseEdit
- Axel: Gonna shut you up and shut you down... with my fists!
Gemini: Wow, police violence IS getting out of hand!
Sakura: Well, I don't think you can exactly arrest these enemies...
Strider Hiryu & HotsumaEdit
- Hiryu: Options activated.
Hotsuma: You ready, Yamato?
Axel: Robo-animals and a ninja dog? Maybe I shoulda called up that kangaroo.
X & ZeroEdit
- Zero: You fight empty-handed? Don't you have any weapons, Axel?
Axel: Hmm. I am handy with a metal pipe or a two-by-four.
X: We mean real weapons, not trash!
Yuri Lowell & Flynn ScifoEdit
- Yuri: I will find a way to get through!
Flynn: We will make our own way through!
Axel: We'll create our own path to follow! Straight through!
Zephyr & VashyronEdit
- Zephyr: Man, fighting barehanded all this time... Aren't you scared?
Axel: These are the only weapons I trust. They don't run out of ammo, either.
Vashyron: If your punches can set your fists on fire, I'd say they count as weapons.