This is a list of quotes for the paired characters Akira Yuki and Kage-Maru. Like the other paired characters, they have a unique pre-battle dialog with all the solo characters and additionally, around six post-battle dialogs with select solo characters.
- Akira: As my teacher said, "A man can bring two things in the battlefield"...
Alisa: Oh, that's not enough! You need grenades, and Restore Pills, and traps, and...
Kage-Maru: You'll learn what he means eventually.
- Akira: Aty, your moves... Do you have ninja experience?
Aty: Well, I've had military training... Oh, and I jump across lily pads and stuff.
Kage-Maru: Lily pads? The training of a true shinobi!
- Axel: It's nice having a ninja on our side. Imagine if he were our enemy.
Kage-Maru: Yesterday's ally is tomorrow's foe. Stay on your guard.
Akira: Kage Maru, you're scarring the city folk. Let's go!
- Akira: You think I could rent that combat armor?
Captain: Rent? Oh, no need to pay me... Assuming you can handle the work.
Kage-Maru: Do not expect great monetary reward, either.
- Estelle: I should write a picture book packed with ninja action!
Akira: You heard her, Kage Maru. Show her some Hagakure skills.
Kage-Maru: These skills are an ancient secret. They are not meant to be rendered in pastels.
- Felicia: Nngh, let me rest for a second! I'm an actress you know!
Akira: Ugh. Movie types can be such divas.
Kage-Maru: Training is everything. Keep your momentum up.
- Kage Maru: Behold my Hagakure-style Ju-Jitsu!
Heihachi: Ho ho! One of the few old-school ninga left in the world, eh?
Akira: Yeah, a lot of them these days are a bit less, erm, orthodox.
- Hibana: A shinobi without a katana, eh?
Akira: You could at least use some shuriken, Kage Maru.
Kage-Maru: No need. The only blade I need is the one in my heart.
- Akira: I need to earn more power... The power to defeat the wicked.
Kage-Maru: Calm down, Akira. Power exists for those who need protection.
Hibana: A shinobi who has lost conviction is no longer a shinobi...
- Ingrid: Isn't calling out your move names like that kind of childish, really?
Akira: It's kind of addictive once you start doing it. Right, Kage Maru?
Kage-Maru: ...It's not bad.
- Ingrid: Well, that was over fast. And I'm still pumped up, too!
Kage-Maru: Restraining your emotions in battle is another facet of training.
Akira: Very true, Ingrid. Let's begin by training you to stop fidgeting.
- Akira: Perhaps some gymnastics would be a good addition to my repertoire.
Kage-Maru: Indeed. One must constantly refine one's techniques.
June: Uhh, my moves might be a bit too much for a man your size.
- Akira: How long would I need to train to equal Leanne's jumping skills?
Kage-Maru: She probably grew up in the trees, leaping from branch to branch.
Leanne: Um... I dunno, it just comes naturally to me.
- Leon: I had no idea Japanese ninja still existed.
Kage-Maru: Shinobi are always lurking in the corners of history.
Akira: They aren't too uncommon around us, at least.
- Kage-Maru: O shinobi of the distant past, show me your powers...
Natsu: Sheesh, do you EVER loosen up? Hey, here's a cool move, take that stick outta your ass.
Akira: Hard to tell who's really from the past here...
- Kage-Maru: I yet lack training. I must aim ever higher!
Natsu: Let's face it. Training sucks. Sucks like nothing that has sucked before. But you gotta do it.
Akira: Two true ninja at heart. Their words may differ, but their intention is the same.
- Akira: One should never harm others, nor themselves, in the face of anger.
Pai: My creed! This is the guideline I live by!
Kage-Maru: And it is the law of my masters!
- Pai: We still don't have enough.
Akira: Enough training?
Kage-Maru: No. Love.
- Akira: I could teach you my stamping move, Phoenix. That'll add some oomph to your objections!
Kage-Maru: And I could teach you the Hiendan... Though I warn you, it's dangerous.
Phoenix: Wha--? No no no no! I'm fine without them, I promise!
- Ryo: Let me show you the essence of Hazuki-style Ju-Jitsu!
Kage-Maru: Taste the force behind Hagakure-style Ju-Jitsu.
Akira: Amazing to think how two ju-jitsu styles can be different.
- Kage-Maru: One must never skip basic practice if one truly desires victory.
Ryo: Like my father said... He who masters the basics has mastered the core of all training!
Akira: Well put. Perhaps I should start over from the beginning myself.
- Segata: You're ten years too early! Nnnngah!
Akira: Segata Sanshiro! You say it AFTER you win!
Kage-Maru: This man... He is not constrained by time!
- Segata: Yes! I dub thee.. The Virtua Fighters!
Akira: Huh? You think we're imitation fighters, Segata? That's not nice.
Kage-Maru: Perhaps, but... Something about the name is sort of catchy.
- Ulala: Kage Maru! Will you teach our viewers how to perform the Hiendan?
Kage Maru: It's a dangerous skill, not to be trifled with.
Akira: Oh, that flying head-butt move?
- Valkyrie: Akira, can you teach me how one stamps one's foot like that?
Akira: Oh! You want to learn the secrets of Yuki-Style Bajiquan?
Kage Maru: I think she just wants it for when she grows huge.